Kennard Scholarship Application
The Kennard Alumni Association, Inc. has established an educational scholarship fund to assist African American highschool graduates of Queen Anne’s County, Maryland to continue their education. Our Scholarship Program awards funds ranging from $500 – $1000 to applicants who meet the eligibility criteria. The application can be downloaded here.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Acceptance by an accredited college, university, community college or vocational institution.
2. Applications must be received on or before April 30th. Return applications to:
Kennard Alumni Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 213
Centreville, Maryland 21617
3. Candidates must be of African American descent and residents of Queen Anne’s County, Maryland.
Procedures for Applying
1. Complete this attached application.
2. Signature of parent or guardian is required.
3. Request your guidance counselor to complete a Certificate of Secondary School Credit pages, and submit a transcript of your grades with application.
4. Adhere to the required deadline date. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Submit a type-written Essay (at least 500 words) relating to a historical African American person of influence and character.
If you have questions on the Scholarship Application or need additional information, please contact Deborah Brown at 410-827-8684.